Test Interfaces for Alpha-A Modular Measurement System
Test interfaces extend the functionality of the Alpha-A modular measurement system. For dielectric, conductivity or impedance measurements, the Alpha-A mainframe has to be combined with at least one additional test interface.
All test interfaces are are connected to the mainframe by an internal digital and power supply bus. The mainframe automatically detects the connected test interface and adjusts its functionality accordingly.
All test interfaces except G22 support automatic reference capacitor measurements and are suited for both dielectric and conductive samples but optimized for special applications.
The Alpha-A mainframe standalone and all interfaces except HVB support two channel high accuracy frequency response or gain phase measurements.
Test Interfaces for Alpha-A Mainframe
General Purpose Interfaces for Dielectric, Conductivity, Impedance and Gain Phase SpectroscopyZGS general purpose interface for two-electrode measurements. ZGS has the same functionality as ZG2 but is integrated in an active parallel plate sample cell for usage with Novocontrol temperature control systems.
Especially recommended for dielectric or conductive samples which can be prepared between parallel plate electrodes like e.g. polymers, semiconductors, glasses, and liquids or powders with not to high ion conductivity (electrode polarization).Most accurate and straightforward solution for parallel plate electrode configurations. Specification applies at the cell electrodes position.
ZG2 general purpose interface for two-wire measurements of dielectric or conductive material samples in combinations with the Novocontrol BDS 1200 passive parallel plate sample cell or customer made sample cells and electronic components.
- for samples with significant electrode contact impedance or electrode sample interface polarization like e.g. electrolytes, liquids with ion conductivity (e.g. water based);
- low impedance samples below 1 Ω like e.g. strong electrolytes, heavily doped semiconductors, metals, superconductors.
High Voltage Interfaces for Dielectric, Conductivity and Impedance Spectroscopy
Especially recommended for dielectrics, semiconductors or electronic components at high AC and / or DC voltages for
- nonlinear dielectric, conductivity and impedance spectroscopy;
- characterization of materials or components under stress;
- extremely high impedance samples exceeding 1014 Ω.
High Current Interfaces for Electrochemical Impedance, Conductivity, Dielectric and Gain Phase Spectroscopy
- electrochemical cell reactions, metal electrolyte interfaces, ion conductors, conductive liquids
- for both low and high impedance samples from 0.001 .. 1013 Ω
- general purpose low impedance samples or electronic components at high currents.
Gain Phase Interfaces
Can not be used for impedance measurements of components or materials.