The Peltier-based Heat/Cool System PHECOS
Since it is based on a dual-stage Peltier element whose sole resource is electrical power, no cryogenic fluids are required for the temperature control operation.
The system sets or ramps the temperature of the sample under test.
The PHECOS System was designed for easy, safe and fully automatic operation enabling computer controlled experiments over several days without supervision as required for low frequency measurements.
- High-quality temperature control system for dielectric and electrochemical impedance measurements
- Modular setup with several sample cell set-ups for e.g. dielectric and impedance material measurements, 2, 3 or 4 wire configurations for electrochemical samples and interdigit electrodes for e.g. monitoring of chemical reactions and curing of epoxies or glues or paints
- Supports external gas inlets and outlets for defined atmosphere within the sample cell volume.
- Compatible with Novocontrol Dielectric / Impedance analyzers, potentiostats / galvanostats and high voltage interfaces.
- Compatible with Novocontrol WinDETA and WinCHEM software for electrical characterization of materials and technical samples in the frequency and time domains.
- Operating principle: Dual-stage Peltier heat/cool system
- T range: −50 °C to 200 °C (for Tambient<25 °C)
- T stability: 0.1 °C
- T accuracy: 0.2 °C
- temperature ramps from 0.01 °C/min up to 30 °C/min
- temperature overshooting after set point step typically < 1 °C
- stabilization times typically below 5 minutes (for 0.1 °C stability)
- microprocessor controller with 24 bit ADC and IEC communication port