Option Purge Gas
This option is for use with the Quatro Cryosystem. Purge gas (dry air or nitrogen gas) can be used instead of liquid nitrogen in order to save liquid nitrogen. With the purge gas option, only temperatures above ambient are available.
The purge gas option consists of a pressure cylinder in which the pressurizer of the dewar can be inserted.
The pressure gas can be manually adjusted by a precision pressure valve mounted at the top of the cylinder.
- First, the QUATRO control system must be configured for operation in purge gas mode. This is done by selecting the mode "N2gas" on the front panel
- Connect the pressure gas hose to the pressure inlet of the cylinder
- Place the 50 mm diameter sealing ring on top of the cylinder
- Insert the pressurizer into the cylinder and seal it by the standard vacuum clamp (same type as used for the dewar)
- Insert the metal hose of the gas heater into the pressurizer and seal it by turning the nut clockwise
- Adjust the pressure by the manual pressure valve (100 - 1000 mbar)
- Activate the gas heater power by the front panel button or the software
- Deactivate the gas heater power first before you shut down the pressure